When it comes to life, growth is not an option.



Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Its Complicated

Only until you get to know me intimately will you ever know what I "really" think.

I wrote that thought after hearing yet another "SHE THINK SHES...." statements. I may think "this" about myself or "that" about myself, but you will never really know until you've made an effort to understand me. Its a lot easier to judge a book by its cover, but it takes effort to open and read the pages on the inside.

I was asked by an individual if I was "complicated". Wow, I never really thought about it. It would have been nice to immediately say no, but I couldn't. I am a result of old beliefs, new beliefs, past experiences and new experiences. The opposite of complicated is simple. Who in this world is simple? I've decided that it's OK to be 'simply complicated'.

To understand another human being you must gain some insight into the conditions which made him what he is. -Margaret Bourke-White
(Live Well -Seek Understanding)

No comments:

Post a Comment